Application Process & Instructions
Applications must be completed and turned into our FC Elk Grove Competitive Administrator no later than August 1, 2017. Incomplete or late packets will not be considered.
Applications must include the following:
- Completed application form (see below).
- Report Card copy (or Progress Report if report card is not yet available)-legible, unaltered within the 2016/2017 Academic Year.
- Completed packets must be received by our Competitive Administrator, Jennifer Mattos, by August 1. No extensions.
Applications can either be mailed or dropped off at – Elk Grove Soccer, 9880 Waterman Road, Suite 100, Elk Grove, CA 95624.
Emailed applications cannot be accepted.
Recipients with a 3.3 GPA and above will receive an FCEG specially designed shirt, which will be presented at the All-American Academic Night on August 29th at Strauss Island in Elk Grove Park. Those players who are able to attend will receive their awards at that time. If you are unable to attend, you may stop by the office after September 4th and pick up your shirt and certificate.
2017 High School Graduates
All FC Elk Grove 2017 high school graduates who carry a 3.3 GPA, are in good standing with the club, and who are eligible to attend a two- or four-year college or university with a full course of study are eligible to apply for the FC Elk Grove Academic All American Senior Scholarship in the amount of $ 500.00.
Eligible seniors must submit the following by the deadline of August 1:
- A completed FC Elk Grove Academic All-American Application Form (attached); and
- An essay describing how the blending of playing FC Elk Grove soccer and academics has improved the applicant’s ability to succeed in life. (Essays are to be no longer than 500 words).
Two (2) players will be chosen by a subcommittee as designated by the President of Elk Grove Soccer based on their academic performance, citizenship, contribution to the club, and the essay itself.
Send applications and essays to:
Elk Grove Soccer
9880 Waterman Road, Suite 100
Elk Grove Soccer, CA 95624
Attn: Academic Essay
If you have any questions, please contact the Competitive Administrator at email@example.com