Purpose of Program
- Reinforce the importance of education in the lives of our club members.
- Encourage members to balance responsibilities at home, school and extra-curricular activities.
- To place importance on grades, citizenship, and community participation within the framework of the sport of soccer through Elk Grove Soccer.
All current Elk Grove Soccer competitive players are eligible to apply for this award by applying in one of the following categories:
- Members must complete the Academic application form and submit it as directed below;
- Carry a grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 (three point three) or higher excluding any Pass/Fail marks for subject grades. At least four core subjects must be taken with grades given.
- The GPA must be earned within the quarter, semester, or block that coincides with their current Academic Year.
- Students become ineligible if they have a “D or 1” grade, an “F or 0” grade, or an “N or U” in Citizenship or Work Habits.
- They must also provide the other elements listed below with their application.
Computation of Grade Point Average for Grade School Players
Grade point average is computed as follows:
A or 4/5= 4 grade points E=4 grade points
B or 3= 3 grade points G=3 grade points
C or 2= 2 grade points S=2 grade points
No other grades or marks are used to compute the grade point average. Add the points earned by the grades using the table above and divide the sum by the number of grades. No consideration will be given to “+ or –“.
Computation of Grade Point Average for Middle School, High School, & College Players
Grade point average is calculated identical to the way your school calculates a grade point average, including AP classes that carry a higher GPA maximum of 5.
Application Process & Instructions
Applications must be completed and turned in to our Elk Grove Soccer Competitive coordinator no later than July 15. Incomplete or late packets will not be considered.
Applications must include the following:
- Completed application form (see below).
- Report Card copy (or Progress Report if report card is not yet available)-legible, unaltered to include the time period between August and November of the current year.
- Completed packets must be received by our coordinator, Jen Mattos, by July 15. No extensions. Submit using our online application – click here to complete the application
Recipients with a 3.3 GPA and above will receive an Elk Grove Soccer specially designed shirt, which will be presented at an Elk Grove Soccer Meeting. Those players who are unable to attend will receive their awards from their coaches. Recipients will also have their names posted on the Elk Grove Soccer website as Academic All-American award winners. Additional recognition may also be awarded to players with a GPA of 4.0 and above.
High School Seniors
All current Elk Grove Soccer Competitive high school senior players who carry a 3.3 GPA, are in good standing with the club, and who are eligible to attend a two- or four-year college or university with a full course of study are eligible to apply for the Elk Grove Soccer Academic All American Senior Scholarship in the amount of $ 500.00.
Eligible seniors must submit the following by the deadline of July 15:
1. A completed Elk Grove Soccer Academic All-American Application Form and
2. An essay describing how the blending of playing with Elk Grove soccer and academics has improved the applicant’s ability to succeed in life. (Essays are to be no longer than 500 words).
One (1) male and one (1) female player will be chosen by the Elk Grove Soccer All American Committee based on their academic performance, citizenship, contribution to the club, and the essay itself.
If you have any questions, please contact Jen Mattos at email@example.com