New Coach Information
If you are interested in coaching one of the Elk Grove Soccer teams, please send email email@example.com with the following information:
- Email address
- Brief Description on your request
For all new coaches (head or assistants), it is required that you complete the following prior to any practices:
- Create account within the Affinity Soccer Management System. Please register the same as your drivers license.
- Go to the CalNorth Site HERE and follow attached instructions to complete the process. On step #7 please indicate what club your coaching in.
Once completed, print out receipt paperwork which will generate your LiveScan documents. Please note that you cannot have LiveScan completed without your printed Affinity documents. They are sent in together by Mail & More.
Please go to Mail & More to complete your LiveScan. Costs are paid for by the leauge. Let them know you are there for LiveScan to coach within EGYSL.
**Do not do LiveScan before registering in the Affinity System.
Mail and More
5050 Laguna Blvd
Elk Grove, CA (Bel Air Shopping Center)
Please review and sign the Coaches Code of Conduct Document. Keep In your team binder.
- Review and understand Elk Grove Soccer Zero Tolerance Policy
For all returning coaches, it is required that you complete the following prior to any practices:
- Confirm with your Coaches Coordinator your current Affinity Status.
- Please review and sign the Coaches Code of Conduct Document. Keep in your team binder.
- Review and Understand Elk Grove Soccer Zero Tolerance Policy
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION
California Assembly Bill 230 – Adult Criminal Background Checks In accordance to California Assembly Bill 230, below is information regarding our Background Check Policy for adults who are rostered on teams and allowed to participate in our soccer program. Any adult who is rostered on one of our soccer teams is required to have an approved background check, conducted by the California Department of Justice, which reports criminal history, and subsequent arrests in the State of California. All California Department of Justice criminal history reports are assessed by our organization based on the following criteria:
- If the California Department of Justice (DOJ) reports to us no criminal history – conviction or arrest report – the adult is cleared – or is PASSED – to participate in our program.
- If the DOJ reports to us any crimes of violence, crimes against children, sex crimes, or possession of an illegal substance for intent to sell, the adult is DENIED and cannot participate in our program.
- If the DOJ reports to us an arrest report concerning crimes of violence, crimes against children, sex crimes, or possession of an illegal substance for intent to sell, the adult is put on SUSPENSION until the case is resolved and reported. Upon resolution of the case, a PASS or DENIED decision will be determined by our organization.
- Any other information reported back from the DOJ, not fitting the absolute criteria outlined above, will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our program, contact EGYSL’s Chief Executive Officer Andrew Donnery at firstname.lastname@example.org