Team Connect for Parents
As part of the Elk Grove Soccer transfer to US Connect for our sports management system, we are introducing Team Connect to all parents and participants in our programs. Team Connect simplifies team management while creating a safe, simple, and fun network for all our teams. This program will help emphasize the fantastic community culture we have here at Elk Grove Soccer, by allowing for streamlined communication between coaches, parents, players, and the Club.
- Announcement: A public notice that is sent via email to roster members by team admins, such as your coach or team manager.
- Team Messages: Internal Team messages. At the top of your screen is a “Messages” option where you can internally message roster members who have accepted their team invites.
- MultiTeam Dashboard: A collective view of team information when you are involved with multiple teams.
- Team Admins: The coaching staff that has administrative permissions in Team Connect.
- Team Feed: An interactive one-stop view of the most recent team updates.
- Team Parent: An admin role that allows parents who didn’t register as a volunteer to help manage Team Connect information.
- Team Roster: In Team Connect, a team roster consists of the coaching staff, players, and parents.
Team Invite Code
What is a team invite code? This code is emailed to roster members with the team invitation and helps connect a user account to a specific team. The easiest way to connect to a team is to simply click on the link in the team invitation. If, for any reason, a user cannot click the link, copy the invite code in grey at the very bottom of your invite email and go to https://team.stacksports.com. Click the “Got An Invite?” link in the top right.
How do I connect one account to multiple teams?
If a parent has multiple teams on Team Connect, it’s ideal to create ONE Team Connect account and then activate all team profiles under that single account. Follow the instructions below to use ONE account for all team profiles.
- Log in or create a Team Connect account, then click the name in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Choose “Create or Join a Team” from the pull-down menu.
- Enter the invite code in the “Join a Team” box.
- Click “Join”. The user will be switched to the new team’s Team.
- Repeat this process until all your team profiles are activated.
What’s everyone’s first stop when logging into Team Connect? The team roster! On this roster you will see coaching staff, players, and parents.
Each roster member has the ability to log in and customize their team profile. Parents have full control over their child’s profile. Once a parent logs into their account, they will be able to edit the player’s “About Me” section and add a player photo.
Player Accounts/ Profile
Parents always have the option to create an account for their child, however it is common for a youth player to be too young or uninterested in using Team Connect. This is completely fine and an account for a player is not required. Parents have full control over a player’s profile information and will always receive important team information by logging into their own Team Connect account.
Accessing Family Management
Does your child want their own account? The family management feature helps the primary parent or account user to organize the teams and profiles of their family members. In the Family Management section of Team Connect, you can access all of your family’s invite codes and view a list of all of the teams they are associated with. In order to access the family management feature, a user must have a child assigned to them on at least one team. If that is the case, then the parent can access the Family Management feature as follows:
- Click the name in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Family Management” in the drop down menu.
Users can hide or publish contact information in the “My Settings” option under their name at the top of the screen. These settings are linked to the account and will apply to all of the teams they have joined.
Team Connect focuses on easy communication for the team. There are three main ways for your team to communicate:
Team admins send emails out to their team or publish announcements inside Team Connect. Now parents will receive emails from their coach, but they can also review these emails anytime they want by simply logging into their Team Connect account.
- Team Connect Messages
Team Connect Team Messaging is the internal communication feature for Team Connect Team. With Team Connect Team messages you can communicate with team members across multiple teams that have accepted their team invitations. Think of this like a very basic email inbox; you can see received and sent messages, be shown read and unread messages, and view a reply/comment thread for a single message. To access your inbox click “Messages” in the top right corner of your screen.
- Text Messaging
When Team Connect Team users add a mobile number and mobile carrier to their account they will be able to receive text alerts from team admins and text notifications for team updates that they choose under their personal notification settings.
Set Up Text Messaging
- Click on the name in the upper right hand corner of the window.
- Choose “My Settings” in the pull down menu.
- Click “Profile”.
- Scroll down until you find the area for “Contact Information”. In the spaces provided choose phone type (i.e. home, mobile, etc), insert the phone number, and choose phone carrier in order to receive text message alerts. Note: It is very important to include the phone carrier if to receive text messages.
- When done, click “Save” in the upper right corner of the expanded information panel.
In a user’s personal settings they have a “Notifications” option. Here they can choose if they want an email, Team Connect Team Message, or a SMS text notification for the different features of Team Connect Team, such as changes to the roster, schedule, photo albums, or forms.
- To turn on notifications click the name in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Choose “My Settings” in the pull down menu that appears.
- Click “Notifications” on your new page.
- A panel will expand to the right. Check the box next to each Team Connect Team feature to get notifications.
- When done choose “Save”.
There are three types of schedule items in the Team Connect Team calendar; games, practices, and events. When locations are added, Team Connect Team will provide a google map and weather report for that day. Team members are automatically emailed when a new item is added to their team schedule.
Game & Practice Attendance
The most popular and useful feature in Team Connect Team is the Attendance Tracker, where players, parents, and team admins can mark if they will be able to attend a practice or game. Parents are able to mark the attendance for themselves and any children they have on the team. Their name and the child’s name will be listed at the top of each section.
Ready to have a little fun? Players, parents and team admins can create albums and share photos on Team Connect Team. With our advanced editing features, everyone can have tons of fun with their team pictures.
Need Some Help?
If you have any questions about Team Connect Team, or even suggestions on how to improve Team Connect Team, Team Connect wants to hear from you! If you go to https://team.stacksports.com/, In the upper right corner of your screen you will see a “Help” option. Please feel free to skim the Team Connect help guide, but representatives are also available for live chat and email support at support@Team Connect.com. You can also call Team Connect at 866.726.4131 for extra assistance.